The candidate is responsible for the supervision of Contracts Department personnel and the management of all phases of QED government prime contracts and commercial subcontracts. This position reports directly to the Director of Contracts.
- Reviews solicitations, prepares responses for cost proposals, and submits proposals.
- Performs the day to day supervision and mentoring of Contracts and Subcontracts Administrators.
- Reviews delivery order cost proposals developed by Contracts Administrators and provides guidance during the cost proposal development phase.
- Reviews subcontract agreements developed by the Subcontracts Administrators to ensure contract requirements are properly communicated.
- Reviews and negotiates contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews high value purchase orders to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Interprets contract requirements and provides post award kick off meetings to program and administrative staff.
- Responsible for the oversight of post award contract management and compliance requirements. Identify key contract obligations, potential business and legal risks, devise and implement strategies for mitigating risks, and resolve contractual issues.
- Contribute effective value added contracting advice to internal business clients; guide and direct internal company staff in comprehending and interpreting business contract requirements.
- Assisting with internal and external audits, including various post award contract audits.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
Must be familiar with working in the government contracting and subcontracting environment including comprehensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and all major contract types (CPFF, CPIF, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of drafting agreements, negotiation, and writing of subcontracts.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; must be a business and customer team player with the ability to maintain great working relationships with senior leaders and staff throughout the organization.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel. Must be comfortable with using new software.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage a high-volume, diverse workload consisting of a wide variety of contract types.
Bachelor of Science or Arts degree (or equivalent related experience) with eight or more years’ experience in Federal Government Contracting.
Security Clearance: Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain a Confidential Government security clearance.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.