Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Contracts Manager. This Contracts Manager will be responsible for providing contractual and administrative support for the Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks of United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include analyzing contract requirements, provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies. The Contracts Manager will also provide contractual guidance to management for appropriate the Statement of Work and manage contract control process. Additional responsibility includes functioning as a subject matter expert on selected areas and issues.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in management of U.S. Navy contracts.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in senior management positions providing engineering solutions to U.S. Navy ship systems issues.
- Experience must include Government contract administration and management relative to FFP, CPFF, CPIF, and T&M type contracts
- Knowledge and experience in subcontract agreements, Organization Conflict of Interest (OCI), and Vendor Purchase Orders.
- Must have a detailed working knowledge of FARs and DFARs.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or Contracts Management from a four year accredited university or college is required. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.