Job Description: The candidate will possess experience in maritime trade or military electrical instruction. The candidate will assist the Training Center Management, Instructors, student, and staff.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Perform as an Instructor for maritime electrical
- Perform as electrical Subject Matter Expert
- Instruct students in use and maintenance of all electrical work, procedures, safety, and PPE
- Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
examinations in mock-ups
- Conduct Knowledge and Skills Assessments of shipyard trades
- Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
- Minimum of 10 years advanced technical experience in marine systems and the maintenace/repair of Naval surface ships and/or submarines systems
- Must have 3 years’ experience in conducting classroom, hands-on training, and adult learning theory
- Experience with curriculum development desired
- Military “Master Training Specialist” designation highly desired
- Experience in online content management system and advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite® (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter with the capability to perform at a fast-paced, high-level
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hiring
Education Requirements: Candidate should have an Associate’s Degree or Significant work towards a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or 10 years of relevant experience.
EOE, including disability/vets