Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for an Engineering Technician to develop/change maintenance sketches and redline drawings in accordance with applicable standards for Technical Manuals and Preventive Maintenance.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Candidate will be required to onboard shipchecks to develop engineering and technical documentation on marine equipment/systems in support of Ship Alteration Programs being designed for installation aboard all amphibious classes of ships. Selected candidate will be responsible for providing engineering solutions, and writing associated Technical Work Documents (TWD). This could include peer reviews on TWD, checking drawings for accuracy to be used by Production, and completing ship checks on board amphibious ships.
- Preferred candidate will have amphibious ship experience
- Familiarity with the preparation of and modification and development of engineering drawings using industry software
- Must have Microsoft Office computer skills; especially in Word and Excel required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to work within a close team environment as a strong team player
- Must have good organizational and customer service skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Current experience in AutoCAD and NX is a plus.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education/Experience Level Requirements: All personnel in this group must be graduates of a high school, trade or industrial school, or correspondence school where, as a minimum, credits were received in all of the following: algebra, plane geometry, trigonometry, drafting and physics. Resumes of applicants shall show that the above required courses have been taken, (give name of the school and date course was completed if different than school of graduation), and name of school and date of graduation. Completion of 18 semester credits of formal education in an engineering related curriculum above the high school level such as calculus, physics, metallurgy, structures, IC circuits, etc., may be substituted for one year of general work experience.
0 Years with Bachelors; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job’s education requirements.
Security Requirements: U.S. citizenship required. Must meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Job Contact information:
Submit resume for this position by email to Olivia Scott, email@example.com.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.