Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for Electrical, Mechanical, and Marine Engineers to provide Hull, Mechanical, & Electrical (HM&E) system support services such as: develop/change maintenance sketches, redline electrical drawings for Ship Change design or installation, and/or develop electrical testing or maintenance procedures in accordance with Navy standards
Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems)
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide shipboard installation support of all variants of fielded systems
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
- Ability to work in a team of 5 or more members through a technical project
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 1-5 years of experience in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
- Previous military experience and/or experience with NSWC or Government contracting is preferred
Job Skill Sets:
- Proficiency in reading electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings
- Proficiency in the use of test tools
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 20% of the time.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: William Simunek, firstname.lastname@example.org.