Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time and part-time positions available for an Engineering Technician/Technical Writer to develop/change maintenance procedures in accordance with applicable standards for Technical Manuals and Preventive Maintenance.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Have a basic understanding of US Navy or US Army Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems with 10 years’ experience.
Must be experienced and knowledgeable with; all facets of Integrated Logistics Support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems.
- Have a basic understanding of the US Navy Planned Maintenance System (PMS) or US Army Preventive Maintenance Checks and Service (PMCS).
- Understand the standard format of Navy Technical Manuals including the implementation of changes as a result of Ship Alterations or responses to Technical Manual Deficiency Evaluation Reports (TMDER).
- Have the ability to read and interpret various ship drawings for HM&E Systems, Electronics Systems or Combat Systems.
- Have a basic understanding of National Stock Numbers and how they are applied and cross referenced in Navy Allowance Parts Lists (APLs).
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office programs (WORD, EXCEL, etc,) required.
- Understanding of Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) or Extensible Markup Language (XML) or the Navy NPE is desirable but not required.
- Current RCM Level I or Level II Certification is a plus.
Security Clearance: Applicant must be eligible for a Government security clearance.
Drug testing and criminal/personal background checks required before hiring.
Education Requirements: Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED and a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Arlene Korn firstname.lastname@example.org