JOB DESCRIPTION: This candidate will be responsible for creating and publishing technical documentation and manuals for the organization. The candidate will be collecting and interpreting technical data or information and coordinate a layout for publication. The candidate will also be responsible for producing high quality documentation, such as articles and guides, to explain technical concepts in a way that is informative and easy to understand.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities include:
- Researching terminology and building a glossary
- Creating digital and hard copy materials
- Working with various departments to gauge their content needs
- Researching technical terminology and concepts
- Adhering to the organization’s style guide
- Editing outdated or inaccurate articles
- Keeping informed of industry changes
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- 0 – 2 years of technical writing experience or experience in a related field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Understanding of the technical content being written
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
EDUCATION: The candidate must be a graduate of high school, or equivalent trade, industrial school or G.E.D. equivalent.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org