Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has multiple immediate full-time positions available for Engineering Technicians to support shipboard testing efforts in support of the DDG HM&E Mid-Life Upgrades Program in the Philadelphia and Norfolk area. The candidate will have experience as an electrical technician and the ability to troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation and electrical schematics.
1. Troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation and electrical schematics
2. Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES and shipboard
3. Provide shipboard software and hardware installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES and shipboard
4. Provide documented status updates on a regular basis
5. Act as a liaison between shipboard test team and technical leads back in Philadelphia
6. Maintain personal source of information between jobs and tasking
7. Aid in test procedure edits and implementation
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Minimum of H.S Diploma or GED
· 3 to 5 years of experience as an electrical technician
· Experience tracing signals and diagnosing or isolating cause for electrical failures
· Experience with grounded and ungrounded systems
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 30-50% of the time.
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain at a minimum a Secret Government security clearance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Timothy Llull, email@example.com