An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Steam Critical Spares Engineering Technician. The Engineering Technician will be responsible for producing work for Amphibious Surface Ship Steam Propulsion Plant Equipment Engineering, Inspection/Assessment, Procurement, Overhaul, Refurbishment, logistics support, and life cycle support.
- Working as part of a highly proficient and skilled engineering team in an office environment and onsite at industrial repair facilities.
- Manage and track material movements and perform warehouse management and inventory control functions.
- Perform minimal component disassembly tasks in support if preparing components for delivery to industrial repair facilities.
- Achieve the status of Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of steam propulsion and auxiliary support equipment and repair processes.
- Build professional relationships with Customer, while representing QED Systems Inc. as a knowledgeable engineering professional.
- Build strong working relationships with industrial repair facilities in the conduct of engineering oversight, Quality Assurance checkpoints and subject matter expertise, individually or as part of a team.
- Required ten (10) years of engineering experience in the performance of conventional steam or nuclear propulsion and auxiliary support equipment maintenance and modernization on U.S. Navy ships. Experience can be obtained concurrently.
- Required five (5) years of specialized experience managing engineering functions and processes for U.S. Navy Amphibious Ships, Steam Propulsion Plants, and associated equipment, piping, valves and systems.
- Specialized experience should be in U.S. Navy technical procedures and repair procedures for steam system components
- Strong knowledge of: drawings, Navy Standard Items (NSI), technical manuals and other technical reference material.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Control processes, MIC Level 1 material handling and engineering oversight of various industrial repair facilities and repair processes
- Critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to perform critical engineering oversight while working alone or as part of a team.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED, trade or industrial school, or a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools.
U.S. citizenship required. Must meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to Maritsa Sonderman, email@example.com