Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for an Engineering Technician to develop/change maintenance sketches and redline drawings in accordance with applicable standards for Technical Manuals and Preventive Maintenance.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Candidate will be required to develop engineering and technical documentation on marine equipment/systems in support of Ship Alteration Programs being designed for installation aboard all amphibious class ships. Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems with 10 years’ experience.
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable with; all facets of Integrated Support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems.
- Have the ability to read and interpret various ship drawings for HM&E Systems, Electronics Systems or Combat Systems.
- Familiarity with the preparation of and modification and development of engineering drawings using industry software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.,) required.
- Current experience in AutoCAD is a plus.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Applicant must be eligible for a Government security clearance.
Education Requirements: Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED and a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools.
U.S. citizenship required. Must meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Job Contact information: Submit resume for this position by email to Olivia Scott, email@example.com.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.