Job Description: The ESH Technician reports to the Safety / Environmental Manager and is responsible for performing facility, shipboard, and equipment inspection for compliance with QED Safety program, NAVSEA Standard Items, and OSHA regulations.
- Assimilate new hires to Q.E.D. safety standards and practices.
- Conduct safety/environmental training and maintain associated records.
- Conduct firewatch training, respirator fit tests, and assure that all workers wear the correct PPE.
- Perform routine safety inspections of the QED facility and report findings to the Safety Manager and ensure corrective measures are taken to correct discrepancies.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on ESH equipment.
- Perform daily visits of remote work sites aboard US Navy ships to assure compliance with applicable OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry.
- Prepare safety reports for submission to QED Corporate.
- Perform monthly inventory on all ESH consumables.
- Assist the ESH Manager with hazardous material and hazardous waste management, and maintain the Safety Data Sheet binders.
Job Requirements / Skill Sets: The candidate must be a U.S. citizen, have a High School Diploma or equivalent, possess a valid Driver License, have reliable transportation, be able to climb vertical/inclined ladders to access work areas aboard US Navy ships, be physically able to work aboard ship under varying environmental conditions (heat & humidity), and comply with OSHA safety regulations.
The candidate must have at least three years of experience (combined) in the ship repair industry or served in the US Navy or Merchant Marine.
All applicants must provide a resume, pass a drug screening test, pass a pre-hire background check, be eligible for a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) credential, and be eligible for a Government Security Clearance.
Job Contact information:
Submit resume to Leslie Burton email@example.com, 619-802-0020, fax 619-802-0022
EOE, including disability/vets