Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Finance Administrator. The Finance Administrator will be responsible for analyzing financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Perform financial analysis in support of ongoing program management
- Prepares project cost/schedule baselines, preparation of monthly management financial reports, assists with preparation of monthly program review and participates in monthly PMR meetings
- Support internal financial reporting deliverables as directed by the Finance Manager, such as monthly variance analysis and forecasting
- Monitors contract performance to determine the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices and required funding
- Set up new project numbers and adds incremental funding to existing projects per government Technical Instruction (TI)
- Assist, track, and submit Funding Modification Request and Limitation of Funds Notifications (LOFs) and contract de-obligations. Ensure proper follow up if funding is not received
- Interfaces with team members of the corporate staff to include: Program Managers (PMs), Financial Management Team, Purchasing Team
- Assist PMs with purchase orders and subcontract agreements and serve as liaison between subcontracts and National Planning Activity
- Negotiating terms and approves or rejects requests for deviations from subcontract specifications and delivery schedules. Ensures subcontractors are in compliance with their agreements
- Helps develop and review procedures, processes, and products to identify possible improvements to better support customer needs and reduce costs and errors
- Analyze end of year Rate Adjustments and how it will affect contracts for funding requirements
- Responsible for assisting in preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects
- Government contracting experience with incrementally funded contracts within Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M), and Cost Reimbursable type contracts
- Advanced Excel skills and database management (pivot tables, formulas, and linked forms), Access
- Program control financial management experience in a government contracting environment
- Preferred experience with cost collection, invoicing, and revenue recognition
- Exceptional written communication and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or related field from a four year accredited university or college is required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to email@example.com.