Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Finance Manager. This manager will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support for the Engineering and Design Planning Yard associated tasks of United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include controlling and managing multiple funding streams and accounts, account management, and auditing. Finance Manager will develop and deliver timely and accurate contractual and financial data, budget forecasting and analysis, and reporting broken out by task, contract modification, labor category deliverable, burn rate, projected over/under runs, etc.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in budgeting, funding, financial obligation planning, and forecasting
- Experience in appropriations management, specifically related to Navy and DoD Programs.
- Experience must include use of financial systems, tools, and management techniques for controlling and managing multiple funding streams and accounts, and account management and auditing.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting from a four year accredited university or college is required. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.