Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Perform financial analysis in support of ongoing program management
- Prepares project cost baselines, preparation of management financial reports, assists with preparation of periodic program review, and participates in regular financial meetings
- Support internal financial reporting deliverables as directed by the Finance Manager, such as weekly and monthly financial reports, Financial Contract Data Requirements List, monthly variance analysis, and forecasting
- Monitors and reconciles invoice submissions and payments
- Develops and analyzes request for proposals, RoMs, financial reports, and other data to determine whether stated price is in-line current project contract to obtain the required funding
- Work closely with Program Managers (PMs) to track, and submit Funding Modification Requests, Limitation of Funds Notifications (LOFs), and contract de-obligations. Ensure proper follow up if funding is not received
- Interfaces with team members of the corporate staff to include: PMs, Financial Management Team, Purchasing Team
- Assist PMs with purchase orders and subcontract agreements and serve as liaison between subcontracts and National Planning Activity
- Negotiating terms and approves or rejects requests for deviations from subcontract specifications and delivery schedules. Ensures subcontractors are in compliance with their agreements
- Helps develop and review procedures, processes, and products to identify possible improvements to better support customer needs and reduce costs and errors
- Analyze end of year rate adjustments and impact to contract funding requirements
- Responsible for assisting in preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects
- Assist in compiling financial contract deliverable requirements
- Government contracting experience with incrementally funded contracts within Cost Plus Firm Fixed Price (CPFFP), Time and Materials (T&M), and Cost Reimbursable type contracts
- Advanced skills and hands-on experience with navigating and creating spreadsheets using various Excel functions, pivot tables, and linking other Excel files.
- Experience with dBase management and query (Access)
- Financial management experience in a government contracting environment
- Preferred experience with financial reconciliation, maintaining a balance sheet, cost collection, invoicing, and revenue recognition
- Exceptional written communication and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field is desired, but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.