QED Systems, an experienced marine engineering, planning, and ship modernization firm, is seeking a Financial Analyst in our Virginia Beach, VA office. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience to
- Review and evaluate budget requests, control and reporting of obligations and expenditures
- Gather, assemble, and format data and prepare preliminary analysis for budget preparation
- Provide tracking of labor hours, materials, and other direct costs for a Government program
- Develop, determine, and interpret budgetary policies and practices
- Research, correlate and summarize data and prepare to defend budget estimates
- Analyze daily status of funds to ensure obligation rate remains at levels set by the organization
- Prepare periodic program status reports for Government program
- Responsible to set and meet project deadlines
The Financial Analyst must have thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience with computer programs including Microsoft Office and Excel. Additionally, the candidate shall demonstrate:
- Ability to compile, review, categorize, prioritize, analyze, and interpret data and/or information
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of budgeting principles and practices
- Experience in analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others
- Experience using computer and automation systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
Required Job Skills
- Five or more years of Government technical project experience. Experience in the marine repair or engineering industry is a plus
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in various computer applications including MS Excel
- Must have strong organizational skills to work with various Managers to obtain data for required reports
This position requires US citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Government security clearance.
Drug testing required before hiring. Excellent benefits package available.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to QED Systems, Inc., (Attn: Judy Romano), 4646 N. Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach VA 23455-6215. E-Mail: email@example.com.