Job Description: The candidate will provide engineering and business analysis support to the Senior Engineering Program Manager. Candidate will act as the senior engineer supporting the Waterfront Engineering Support (WES) team in Newport News, VA.
- Conduct ship checks and provide waterfront engineering support on a pier-side or dry docked CVN68 Class naval ship. The ship may be in maintenance availability at Naval Station Norfolk, or at Newport News HII Shipyard.
- Must be strongly familiar with Navy ship maintenance of CVN68 Class in one or more areas of Combat Systems, Topside (Non-Propulsion) Systems, Aircraft Launch and Recovery (ALRE) Systems, Power and Lighting Systems, Auxiliary Cooling Systems, Ventilation Systems and other Mechanical, Electrical or Structural components.
- Review AIT/CCT Plan of Action and Milestones for accuracy and completeness. Visit shipboard work sites to resolve waterfront engineering problems. Provide overall engineering support to the Project Team as an onsite waterfront engineering support team.
- Assist in integration of AIT/CCT repairs during the RCOH availability. Review work sequence, drawings and specifications to understand scope and technical requirements.
- Support performance testing and qualification of electrical, mechanical and combat systems interface components.
Job Requirements/Skill Sets:
Candidate shall have 10-15 years of experience with one or more areas of Combat Systems, Topside Non-Propulsion Systems, Aircraft Launch and Recovery (ALRE) Systems, Power and Lighting Systems, Auxiliary Cooling, Ventilation and other Mechanical, Electrical, Structural components.
- Knowledge of U.S. Navy ship systems and/or prior Navy shipboard maintenance experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of Navy Standard Items and/or GSO requirements, as well as, Navy and commercial Shipbuilding Specifications.
- Good understanding of navy and commercial valves, piping, structural specifications, electrical specifications, welding procedures, technical requirements, material specifications, material procurement and navy maintenance procedures.
- Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations.
- Strong knowledge of CVN68 Class Aircraft Carrier maintenance and configuration controls.
- Experience interfacing with naval organizations and basic knowledge of their functional structure is necessary.
- Experience in online content management system and advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite® (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
- Experience with a Professional drawing/ dimensioning software or 3D Product Modeling System such as AutoCad, CATIA or Inventor is a plus.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter with the capability to perform at a fast-paced, high-level.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hiring.
Education: The candidate shall have successfully completed at minimum a 4 year Bachelor of Science degreed curriculum from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering or Marine Engineering.
Security Clearance: Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
Travel: Infrequent out of area travel. Periodic local travel is required for ship checks and/or meetings.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume to Judy Romano, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com