Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for an HM&E Design Supervisor. This supervisor will be responsible for supervising engineering designs and Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks for United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing teams for various types of projects including structural, mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering
- Writing reports based on observations and reporting progress to upper-level managers
- Providing design support to both internal and external customers by facilitating knowledge in various engineering concepts
- Reviewing technical documents including mechanical analysis reports, contract documents, and permit applications
- Ensuring compliance with industry codes, project requirements, and safety regulations
- Communicating frequently with customers and upper-level management on work performance and future work requirements
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in ship engineering, design, ship advance planning, and ship modernization.
- At least five (5) years in a senior technical position for Naval ship design, modernization and/or Navy Planning Yard requirements.
- Experience should include shipyard construction and overhaul practices and standards, principles of the shipbuilding, the design of ship propulsion systems, electrical power generation and auxiliaries related to U.S. Navy ships.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Must be well-organized and able to pay close attention to details while supervising designs to avoid errors before shipping and distributing final products
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must be familiar with all aspects and stages of project management including budgeting, cost estimating, scheduling, and team assembly
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering related field (i.e. Engineering, Engineering Management, or Engineering Technology) from a four year accredited university or college is preferred. Industry and leadership certifications are preferred but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.