Job Description: Q.E.D. Systems, Inc. an experienced Marine Engineering firm has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Assistant. This position is available in our office in Virginia Beach, VA. The ideal candidate will possess 0-3 years of experience with in the Human Resources/Admin field.
Job Requirements/skill set: In the role of Human Resources Assistant you will work under the leadership of the Corporate HR Manager and we’ll count on you to:
- Use corporate systems to maintain employee records and process personnel actions
- Assist in gathering data for issues and claims as needed
- Review employee system queries periodically for accuracy of information
- Answer basic policy and procedure questions
- Facilitate employee onboarding and termination activities
- Demonstrate knowledge of Q.E.D. policies and procedures
- Understand Q.E.D. benefit plan provisions, assist with employees’ benefit-related questions
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School Graduate
- Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as, basic Office Management Skills (i.e., phone communications, filing)
- Professional verbal and written communication and strong client service ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships, works well within a team setting
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and various managers in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Professional ability to handle confidential information
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. Candidate may be required to meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance for access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
EOE, including disability/vets
Send resume for this position by email to Bill Bond, firstname.lastname@example.org