Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager. This manager will be responsible for logistical and administrative support for the Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks of United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include managing and updating the engineering technical data that defines a class of in-service ships. The ILS Manager will be responsible for organizing and implementing a variety of requirements related to the flow of materials, products, services, and associated systems information. The ILS Manager will manages the performance of logistics functions and ensure the execution and improvement of standard logistic processes. Additional responsibilities include assessing and maintaining compliance with federal regulations.
- Minimum of fifteen (15)years of experience in Navy Logistics
- Experience must include managing depot level U.S. Navy surface ship modernization and maintenance logistics products, including but is not limited to: Logistics Management Information (LMI), Provisioning Parts Lists, Design Change Notices (DCN), Ship Level Provisioning Parts List (SLPPL), Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD), Component Identification Data (CID) for Statement of Prior Submissions (SPS) & Advance Repairable Identification Code (RIC), Interim Support Items List, Engineering Data For Provisioning (EDFP), and IUID processes/procedures.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Logistics from a four year accredited university or college is required. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.