Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for a Lead Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineer to provide lifecycle support to fielded Navy Machinery Control Systems (MCS). The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for leading, developing and managing the team that develop, support and maintain MCS. This includes system development, deployment, integration and management. This position liaises closely with other teams across the organization to ensure the MCS systems are of quality, operability, and maintainability for the end customer. Major responsibilities of the successful candidates will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer, both shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. Candidates should have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems.
- Ability to lead a team through a technical project
- Implement organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Implement team skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, functions, project sponsors and customers, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Ensure team members understand the requirements of their work, and are equipped with tools and training required for successful performance and effective decision making
- Effectively manage workloads to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate to individual skill sets and levels
- Liaison and collaborate with other team leaders to ensure that systems are interoperable, and maximizing common goals
- Develop, update, and manage delivery and project schedules, flow charts, risk matrices, and presentations with inputs from the technical teams
- Analyze current and future workload requirements to determine proper manning resources and communicate manning requirements with technical leads and program managers
- Work with technical team to understand and properly implement existing processes
- Facilitate internal team development and process improvement efforts
- Produce routine progress reports or presentations
- Provide management and tracking of system trouble and improvement reports
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of various configuration management work products
- Ability to lead a team of 15 or more members
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in electrical engineering or computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management or supervisory level or leading a team of 5 or more members
- Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
- Experience with iNFUSION Tool Suite, including Confluence and Jira
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10% of the time. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Timothy Llull, firstname.lastname@example.org .