Job Description: The candidate will possess experience in maritime trade or military mechanical discipline. Candidate must have familiarity with electrical measuring tools, the ability to identify system and component location based on ships structure, and interpret electrical schematics and drawings. Understanding of technical documents including controlled work procedures (CWP), formal work procedures (FWP), test documents, and reports is preferred.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Experienced (6+ years) Marine Mechanic (Prior Navy) with a complete understanding of production processes and specialty trades functions and tools.
- Full comprehension of standard industry safety procedures, Controlled Work Packages (CWP), Formal Work Packages (FWP).
- Provide basic electrical tools
- Desired skills and knowledge with some of the following equipment: Vertical Package Conveyor operation and maintenance, PLC controllers, control circuits and proficient at troubleshooting motor controllers and control circuits.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight will be determined by the specific job but no less than 30 pounds.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces
- Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
- As the ship is undergoing a mid-life refueling and complex overhaul, may be exposed to fumes and irritants including welding/burning fumes, paints, oils, greases and various cleaning solutions and solvents, noise, high heat and humidity hazards while wearing the required Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
- Apply understanding of production and processes to assignments
- Will be required to conduct on the job training for Sailors. The training will be conducted while affecting actual repairs to equipment on board ship.
Education Requirements: Candidate must be graduates of a High School, Trade or Industrial School
Job Contact information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
EOE, including disability/vets