Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for recent U.S. Maritime Academy Marine Engineers transition shore side to provide US Navy HM&E system support and alterations services.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems. Duties include:
- Assist Diesel Lifecycle Engineer Representative in identifying, documenting, and prioritizing depot level repairs on main propulsion and ship service diesel generators across multiple classes of US Navy ships
- Coordinate with ISEA, regional maintenance facilities, and shipyard availability planners for the incorporation of diesel repairs into availabilities
- Recommend updates to technical documentation based on trends and lessons learned
- Assist ships maintenance team and ISEA in documentation associated with ship repair
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred Maritime academy graduate or USCG licensed engineer (3rd to Chief) with deep sea sailing experience on a diesel platform, or mechanical engineer with a strong diesel background
- Preferred familiarity with US Navy Diesel Maintenance Strategy (DMS), Diesel Readiness System (DRS), and DEI process
- Working familiarity with Shipboard Automated Maintenance Manager (SAMM), diesel engine performance analysis (DEPA) data collection, review, and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential desired but not required
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain at a minimum a Secret Government security clearance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Paula Carrier, email@example.com