Job Description: The candidate will assist in curriculum development, coordinating and conducting training for various trades in the Maritime Industry including but not limited to Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems and Occupational Safety matters. Candidate will work with management to create and deliver training programs for clients in classroom, Shipboard and Training Lab environments.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- 10 years of experience in the maritime trades industry.
- 4 years of experience in conducting classroom instruction and hands-on skills training.
- Master Training Specialist, ESWS, EOOW, or equivalent is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the adult learning theory and curriculum development processes.
- Perform as an Instructor for maritime trades.
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
examinations in mock-ups.
- Conduct Knowledge and Skills Assessments of shipyard trades
- Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
- Will be required to conduct on the job training for military and ship repair industries.
- Ability to obtain NAVSEA Weld certification preferred.
- Job may entail meetings with customers/prospective customers to discuss training opportunities. Prior sales experience is a plus.
- Currently NAVSEA approved for fiber optics connectors preferred.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
- May be exposed to fumes and irritants including welding/burning fumes, paints, oils, greases and various cleaning solutions and solvents, noise, high heat and humidity hazards while wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- 5% CONUS yearly travel expectations. OCONUS travel possible.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, be eligible for a government security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: Candidate must be graduates of a High School, Trade or Industrial School. An Associate’s Degree or Significant work towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 10 years of relevant experience.
EOE, including disability/vets