Job Description: MHE Junior Technician shall perform troubleshooting and repairs on various types of material handling equipment (MHE).
Job Requirements/skill sets: The successful candidate shall have:
- A minimum of four  years experience as an engineer technician on the repair and overhaul of shipboard MHE and SMSE. Experience in shipboard MHE and SMSE must be recent and within last two (2) years.
- Must possess the ability to read and order parts via the technical manual.
- Experience complying with technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams, schematics and similar guides in all applicable NAVY or approved commercial off the shelf [COTS] publications or directives.
- Experience using the newest standard technology of instruments for diagnosing of equipment.
- Knowledge of new and evolving technologies such as regenerative braking, laser guidance systems, alternative energy, and hydrogen cell.
- Knowledge in understanding the principles and methods of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical troubleshooting and overhaul repair of diesel and electrical weapons support equipment used onboard naval ships.
- Experience testing, evaluating, certifying and verifying all services are complete utilizing the correct technical reference.
- Experience performing a visual inspection upon completion of all authorized corrective actions.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills in order to isolate and identify the defective part to ensure the correct item is ordered.
- Experience with and willing to travel on naval vessels locally and overseas. Has a valid passport and required medical clearance to be airlifted or transported to ship to conduct MHE repairs.
- Experience conducting all 18-Month weight test certification of shipboard MHE and SMSE equipment.
- Experience with a variety of test equipment that includes but is not limited to engine analyzers, dynamometers, injector testers, voltmeters and gauges, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
- Must have the basic industry standard metric and non-metric tools.
Education Requirements: High school degree or higher
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible for and be able to maintain a Secret Clearance. Be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
Job Contact information: Send resumes to Kurt Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE, including disability/vets