Job Description: MHE Senior Technician shall perform troubleshooting and repairs on various types of material handling equipment (MHE).
Job Requirements/skill sets: The successful candidate shall have:
Requires a minimum  years experience as a junior engineer technician on the repair and overhaul of shipboard MHE and SMSE. Experience in shipboard MHE and SMSE must be recent and current [within 2 years].
- Knowledge of new and evolving technologies such as regenerative braking, laser guidance systems, alternative energy, and hydrogen cell.
- Knowledge in understanding the principles and methods of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical troubleshooting and overhaul repair of diesel and electrical weapons support equipment used onboard naval ships.
- Experience testing, evaluating, certifying and verifying all services are complete utilizing the correct technical reference.
- Experience performing a visual inspection upon completion of all authorized corrective actions.
- Experience accomplishing an 18-Month safety certification as required and providing a copy to the ship.
- Knowledge of strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform on-the-spot diagnosis in any environment where MHE and SMSE may be located in ship spaces.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills in order to isolate and identify the defective part to ensure the correct item is placed on order.
- Experience with and willing to travel on naval vessels locally and overseas as requested. Has a valid passport and required medical clearance to be airlifted or transported to ship in order to repair MHE and SMSE.
- Experience repairing and directly supervising the repair of critical and essential MHE and SMSE during under way operations to maintain mission readiness.
- Experience conducting all 18-Month weight test certification of shipboard MHE and SMSE equipment.
- Experience with a variety of test equipment that includes but is not limited to engine analyzers, dynamometers, injector testers, voltmeters and gauges, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
- Must have the basic industry standard metric and non-metric tools.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interpret wiring diagrams and control schematics.
- Experience complying with technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams, schematics and similar guides.
Education Requirements: High school degree or higher
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible for and be able to maintain a Secret Clearance. Be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
Job Contact information: Send resumes to Kurt Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE, including disability/vets