QED Systems, an experienced marine engineering, planning, and ship modernization firm, is seeking a Material Management Supervisor. The Candidate will be responsible for supervising warehouse operations relative to sourcing, procurement, expediting, receipt, inspection, barcoding, storage, auditing, kitting, packing, shipping, transporting, and disposing all types of material in support of Military Sealift Command (MSC) ships operating within the Combat Logistics Force, Special Mission Ships, Pre-Positioning Ships, Sealift Program Support, Fleet Ordnance/Dry Cargo, Afloat Staging Command Support, Expeditionary Fast Transport and Adaptive Force Package Support.
The Material Management Supervisor will be assigned to a specific MSC warehouse either located in Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, Charleston, SC, or designated OCONUS locations. The Material Management Supervisor will report to the QED Systems MSC Global Material Management (GMM) Program Manager (PM) and supervise all QED Systems’ employees assigned to the same Government warehouse. The Material Management Supervisor will be responsible in assisting the QED Systems MSC GMM PM, in preparing various internal company and Government contract reports. The Material Management Supervisor will also be responsible for maintaining applicable Government material databases.
H.S. Diploma with Fork Truck Operators certificate and license
The Material Management Supervisor must possess the following specific experience:
- 10 years of experience in material/inventory management operations at the Fleet or commercial maritime industry level
- 6 years of experience in managing a material distribution facility
4 years of experience with:
- managing/supervising warehouse staff
- material packaging, handling, storage & transportation requirements, processes, and procedures, to include Hazardous material and controlled material special handling processes, and knowledge of Federal/DoD Supply system requirements
- managing specialized material such as CBRND material, Force Protection Equipment, Medical Material, Communications equipment or Information Technology equipment
- using either DOD, Merchant Marine, U.S. Coast Guard or commercial warehouse inventory systems
- using commercial In-Transit Visibility tools for inventory tracking purposes
EOE, including disability/vets
Job Contact information: Email: email@example.com