Salary Range: $32 – 38/Hour
Job Description: Q.E.D. Systems, Inc. presently has an immediate position for a qualified individual with an extensive background in program management, maintenance, repairs, and operation of HM&E equipment and systems. The Operations Engineer will serve as the primary Subject Matter Expert in support of Ship Alterations, Machinery Alterations, repairs, and modernization of HM&E equipment and systems on Navy surface ships. Must be able to work aboard ships and under industrial repair conditions following all safety regulations. As assigned, will also provide project management and oversight, perform ship checks, attend production meetings, and provide material identification support. Aircraft Carrier and/or LHA/LHD experience is highly desirable.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- 15+ years operating and maintaining HM&E equipment and systems
- 10+ years as a program/project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Provide solutions when technical, scheduling, and project issues arise
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- In depth knowledge of Quality Assurance principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- All applicants must provide a resume, be eligible for a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) credential.
Education Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or business is desirable.
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: U.S. citizenship required. Eligible for and be able to maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance is preferred. Be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
.Job Contact information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 619-802-0020 Ext 6103, Fax: 619-802-0022
EOE, including disability/vets.