Job Description: Q.E.D. Systems, Inc. an experienced Marine Engineering firm has an immediate opening for a Payroll Assistant. This position is available in our office in Virginia Beach, VA.
Job Requirements/skill set: In the role of Payroll Assistant you will work under the leadership of the Corporate Payroll Manager and we’ll count on you to:
· Collect and enter timesheets
· Validate Timesheets, follow-up on missing or incorrect documents
· Enter into Accounting system
· Maintain Confidentiality
· Perform other duties as needed
· High School Graduate
· Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication and strong client service ability
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
· Ability to meet deadlines
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. Candidate may be required to meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance for access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume for this position by email to Laura Iarussi, firstname.lastname@example.org