JOB DESCRIPTION: Q.E.D. Systems’ National Planning Activity (NPA) produces advanced maintenance availability planning for CGs, DDGs, LSDs, LPDs, LHAs, LHDs, and LCS class ships for the U.S. Navy. The NPA has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Personnel Resource and Admin Assistant to support Senior-level leadership by coordinating administrative and personnel actions across the staff. The candidate will provide direct administrative, personnel management, and analytical/research assistance to leadership and their staff by maintaining master schedule as needed, tracking action items, creating various communications, and upkeep of office files/records management utilizing tools such as MS office products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with new hire indoctrination and processing of Check-Ins, including: updating the organization chart, adding/removing names to different distribution lists, ensuring names are included and correct in the directory, updating the emergency contact list, and scheduling new hire one-on-one intake interviews with the NPA Senior Program Manager and Chief of Staff
- Support to Personnel Resource function as recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of new employees
- Prepare and process appropriate Check-in and Check-Out processes for new hires (direct or subcontractor) working with corporate Human Resources and other related departments
- Assist with the preparation and completion of Hiring and Termination Packages as directed
- Schedule interviews and prepare interview packages for Senior Management as directed
- Plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of the NPA organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services
- Coordinate schedules and manage meetings, to include setting reminders and scheduling prep sessions/walk-throughs before significant meetings
- Prepare reports, submit visit requests and assist management by assimilating information and preparing meeting schedules and agendas
- Provide administrative support for building managers, including Program Managers, Chief of Staff, and Senior Program Manager
- Provide support for Receptionist position as needed including: front desk coverage, building maintenance coordination, assigning and activating/deactivating access devices for employees, and delivering incoming mail and/or packages
- Provide support for Executive Assistant as needed including: processing travel requests, travel expense reports, and local travel expense reimbursement, handling petty cash requests, updating Ship-MD database, directory, and personnel issues spreadsheet, updating ORG chart, and employee Check-Ins and Check-Outs.
Job Requirements Skillsets:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in administrative support, data entry, or human resources
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, work independently
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Visio) and Adobe
- Familiarity with a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations is preferred
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs
EDUCATION: Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED, trade or industrial school, or a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university is not required but preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org