The selected candidate shall report directly to the Supervisory Planner/Estimator and shall be responsible for planning, conducting ship checks, writing repair work items/specifications and estimating labor, material and subcontractor work at the paragraph and line item level for U.S. Navy Ship repair work, alterations and modifications.
The planning efforts shall include but not be limited to the following:
- A) Assessing ship’s material condition, by conducting ship checks, researching ships documents, analysis of ships conditions and test, determining scope of work required by reviewing and validating Work Notifications (2-Kilos),
- B) Interpreting and using all technical and material information available in Navy, Shipbuilder and Manufacturer drawings, technical manuals, documents, or Equipment Manufacture’s data and/or other pertinent commercial data to identify repair and modification requirements and to identify, price and order materials.
- C) Develop work items/specifications in accordance with company and NAVSEA 4-E requirements using company and NAVSEA instructions and pertinent NAVSEA Standard Items, Class Standard Items, and Local Standard Items.
- D) Work with and in the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and use the available application program to develop work items/specifications and labor, material and cost estimates in accordance with company and NAVSEA instructions and directives.
Preferred candidates will have the following qualifications:
1) High School Diploma or GED Certificate,
2) Trade Journeyman work experience or equivalent in a Naval Repair Facility or Commercial Shipyard that specializes in U. S Navy Ship repairs and alterations,
3) Must have knowledge of U.S. Navy ship construction, shipboard systems, equipment and their operations,
4) Must have experience with developing production planning documents and estimates for work executed at U.S. Navy depot level surface ship maintenance and modernization facilities.
5) The preferred candidate has experience as a planner, estimator or shipbuilding specialist at Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair (SUPSHIP) commands, Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs), Navy Central Planning Activities, Planning for Engineering and Repair Activities at public or private shipyards or other ship repair companies.
6) All candidates will have strong oral and written communication, analytical abilities necessary to develop and maintain integrated schedules and supporting data. The candidate will have experience in and the ability to work in a Microsoft Office and NMD intensive environment and also be well-organized, detail oriented and a self-starter. Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well independently, prioritize duties and follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner. Must be able to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, and time sensitive projects.
Security Clearance: The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain at least a DoD Confidential Security Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) to gain access to Government information and work sites.
Job Contact information:
Phone: 858-987-5380 X 6336