Level of Experience: Management
Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has an immediate full-time position for an Engineering Program Manager to lead and manage Engineering and Technical Services contracts/programs. At QED, a PM leads employees to achieve a high level of quality and productivity. The PM interfaces directly with customers to understand the requirements and thereby enables the team’s success in achieving those deliverables. Of most importance, the PM is responsible for customer satisfaction – completing work on time, within budget, and at a high degree of quality. Technical areas include Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) primarily, with tasks such as installation project management, redlining and developing Engineering drawings for Ship Change design or installations, and/or developing testing or maintenance procedures in accordance with Navy standards.
- Ability to lead teams through multiple technical projects simultaneously
- Clearly communicate the organization’s direction, goals, and priorities to employees
- Recruiting and retention of employees
- Implement team skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, project sponsors and customers, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Effectively manage workload to ensure it is reasonable and appropriate to individual skill sets and knowledge levels
- Analyze current and future workload requirements to determine resources needed; communicate staffing and other resource requirements with technical leads and program managers
- Ensure team members understand the requirements of their assigned work, and are equipped with tools and training required for successful performance
- Customer Satisfaction
- Serve as client’s Primary contact for contract, task order, or purchase order execution
- Effectively manage cost, schedule and resources in executing work
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Develop, update, and manage delivery and project schedules, flow charts, risk matrices, and presentations with inputs from the technical teams
- Facilitate internal team development and process improvement efforts
- Business – support senior management and business development efforts
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited school is required; Candidates with PMP or PE preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management or supervision leading a team of 5 or more members
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical engineering as it pertains to military or marine industries
- Previous government contracting or equivalent military experience
- Knowledge of NSWCPD or NAVSEA organization preferred
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10-20% of the time. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Kisha White, firstname.lastname@example.org .