JOB DESCRIPTION: The candidate will be responsible for managing projects from planning through delivery. The candidate will serve as a liaison between project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, cost, and meeting plans are communicated. This candidate will be responsible for utilizing appropriate tools to plan project timelines, tasks, milestones, and deadlines. This candidate will also be responsible for overseeing different initiatives or projects of a business, monitor their progress and completion, and ensure that they meet the expectations of the organization and customer.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities include:
- Planning and facilitating project meetings to align the project team to methods and goals to track project tasks
- Preparing meeting agendas, meeting notes, and project summaries
- Monitoring task completion status to identify at risk project tasks and to develop mitigation plans
- Allocating resources, budgets, and hours to the project and adjusts allocations when necessary
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
- Ten (10) years of experience in managing operations, maintenance, repair and testing of Naval Surface/Amphibious Ship Hull, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic (HM&E) systems. Specific experience required includes:
- Experience in management or supervisory roles at a U.S. Naval Shipyard, Planning Yard, and Regional Maintenance Center or U.S. Navy surface ships
- Specialized experience managing or supervising engineering functions and processes for U.S. Navy Amphibious Ships, Steam Propulsion Plants and associated equipment, piping and systems
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to Marla Bitanga, email@example.com