Job Description: Quality Assurance Technician shall perform a technical review of repairs accomplished in accordance with technical manual standards for various types of material handling equipment (MHE).
Job Requirements/skill sets: The successful candidate shall have:
- A minimum of eight  years’ experience is required in shipboard MHE and SMSE used by naval vessels.
- Experience executing all industrial safety programs and distribute Personal Protective Equipment [PPE] to repair technicians.
- Conducts safety briefings and explains maintenance facility rules with Navy personnel.
- Experience providing over-the-shoulder safety oversight for repairs and maintenance performed by Navy personnel on units assigned to their ship.
- Knowledgeable in coordinating with Navy ship personnel and Shop Supervisor if repairs exceed Ship Force capability.
- Experience conducting 18-Month weight test certification of Ship Force MHE and SMSE.
- Experience enforcing occupational safety and health laws and monitor work practices that may injure persons or damage property.
- Experience maintaining an established quality assurance program with the aim of identifying and correcting deficiencies in the quality and workmanship.
- Experience conducting inspections on repairs of all work performed by the engineer technicians on the various program at the government facility, on-site sub-contractor facility or other designated facility.
- Knowledgeable in the performance of a visual inspections upon completion of all authorized corrective actions and accomplish an 18-Month Weight Test safety certification as required.
- Experience providing pre-deployment Quality Control Assessments before ships departure or deployment and conducts post deployment Quality Control Assessments upon return from deployment.
Education Requirements: High school degree or higher
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible for and be able to maintain a Secret Clearance. Be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
Job Contact information: Send resumes to Kurt Nelson at email@example.com
EOE, including disability/vets