Q.E.D. Systems, Inc., an experienced marine engineering, planning, and ship modernization firm, is seeking a Quality Inspector Level 2 in its Norfolk, VA office. The QA Inspector, is responsible for reviewing products and materials during manufacturing to make sure they meet company and customer quality standards.
- Establishing quality standards for products
- Reading blueprints and specifications to ensure that operations meet production standards
- Recommending any necessary adjustments and changes to production processes
- Development and updating of quality procedures to meet ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Inspecting and testing the materials and equipment produced
- Using measuring instruments such as micrometer screw gauges to measure products
- Removing products that fail to meet production standards and recommending strategies to improve product quality
- Accepting or rejecting finished products and discussing inspection results with the production team
- Performing inspections at random to assess product quality
- Conducting quality training with production personnel
- Candidates shall demonstrate five (5) or more years of shipboard trade experience. An additional five (5) or more years of ship maintenance QA experience in maintaining a NAVSEA welding program, writing detailed work procedures, welding instructions, and audit plans is required.
- A Quality Assurance Level II certification is required to support all weld and NDT inspections, personnel training, testing and certification.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Technical skills and ability to understand blueprints, documents and manuals
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork mentality
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Dexterity, physical strength and physical stamina to perform ship surveys of in-progress work
High School diploma or higher
Required Job Skills
This position requires US citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Government security clearance.
Drug testing required before hiring. Excellent benefits package available.
Send resume to QED Systems, Inc., (Attn: Judy Romano), 4646 N. Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach VA 23455-6215. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.