Number of Positions: Multiple Mid- Level and Senior Level positions
Job Description: This position is for a machinery controls system engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer. This includes shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. The USS ARLEIGH BURKE MCS is comprised of four (4) different variants spanning various technologies.
Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at LBES and shipboard
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide technical input to the design of future MCS systems
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in electrical engineering or computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
Job Skill Sets:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with electrical or computer engineering in relation to control systems
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with electrical/computer engineering
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with electrical/computer system troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10% of the time.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: William Simunek; firstname.lastname@example.org.