Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for Senior Mechanical Engineering Technicians to provide US Navy HM&E system support and alterations services.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems. Duties include:
- Supporting Navy system redesign and shipboard alterations and installations
- Review of shipboard diesel engine material history database for each assigned hull
- Review of monthly “Doctor” Diesel engine combustion analysis messages
- Review of diesel engine machinery operating conditions, logistics and repair issues, and electrical and control related issues
- Attend various conferences associated with Diesel Maintenance Strategy (DMS)
- Assist the Technical Program Manager with:
- Developing and presenting metrics and presentations to display and present the afore mentioned data review
- The development of Baseline Availability Work Packages (BAWP)
- Deck plate training of US Navy crews in the use and importance of DMS and DRS
- Research and presentation of technical inputs for preparation of Diesel Technical Directives
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of H.S Diploma or GED
- Minimum of Five (5) years of US Navy Engineman experience in the areas of diesel propulsion and power generating systems.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with the Diesel Maintenance Strategy (DMS) and Diesel Readiness System (DRS) programs.
- Minimum 1 years of experience on the major engine types used on US Navy ships for propulsion/ power generation (FM opposed piston, Colt 2.5 and PA6B, CAT 3608), previous experience can be focused on one of the afore mentioned engines or can be a culmination of experience on numerous types of large, medium speed engines
- Working familiarity with Shipboard Automated Maintenance Manager (SAMM), Diesel Engine Performance Analysis (DEPA) data collection, review, and analysis
- US Navy Fleet Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI) certified or previously certified is a plus for this position
- US Navy Top Snipe on LSD/LPD/LCS platform is a plus for this position
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products is a plus for this position
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential desired but not required
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain at a minimum a Secret Government security clearance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Mike West, firstname.lastname@example.org