Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Senior Program Manager. This manager will be responsible for managing supply chain management programs supporting nuclear powered aircraft carrier (CVN) maintenance availabilities.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include managing and developing supply chain management programs to include procurement and warehousing. Senior Program Manager will be responsible for communicating frequently with customers and subcontractors on work performance and future work requirements. Responsibilities include providing corporate capabilities briefings to potential customers and perform business development functions with Government representatives.
- 15 years of experience in naval supply system management including project management, personnel development and financial management.
- Ten or more years of experience in senior management positions providing solutions to U.S. Navy supply systems.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in working with Government organizations such as Naval Supply System Command and Military Sealift Command.
- Ability to develop project plans and to integrate various organizational efforts, provide customer interface, monitor program funding, and conduct project performance reviews.
- Applicant must be familiar with Navy Aircraft Carrier organization, systems modernization and maintenance strategies. Shipboard experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials and Navy flag officers on policy and operational issues.
- Must be familiar with working in an industrial environment including both supply chain management and inventory control.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and withstand the potentially harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no more than 75 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree from a four year accredited university or college is required. Advanced supply chain management degree is preferred.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship. Applicants will be subject to a security background investigation, and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to Sienna Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org