Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Senior Program Manager. This manager will be responsible for managing Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks for United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include managing and updating the engineering technical data that defines a class of in-service ships, overseeing a design planning floor, monitoring and coordinating personnel performance, project costs, and schedule performance on assigned tasks. Senior Program Manager will be responsible for communicating frequently with customers and sub contractors on work performance and future work requirements.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in naval ship system engineering and management including project management, personnel development, administrative and financial aspects.
- Ten or more years of experience in senior management positions providing engineering solutions to U.S. Navy ship systems issues.
- Five or more years of experience in working with Government organizations such as NAVSEA Ship Program offices and Type Commanders is desired.
- Ability to develop project plans and to integrate various organizational efforts, provide customer interface, monitor program funding, and conduct project performance reviews.
- Applicant must be familiar with Navy systems modernization and maintenance strategies including NMP-MOM and GSO ship modernization requirements, Configuration Data Management (CDM) responsibilities, technical manuals, ship selected records, and engineering drawings.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural or Electronics Engineering from a four year accredited university or college is required. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred but not required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to Olivia Scott, email@example.com