- Consults blueprints, work orders, and/or schematics to safely construct specified structure; develops additional sketches if needed.
- Selects appropriate material for each job based on the desired or necessary strength.
- Cuts, bends, and shapes sheet metal to required dimensions.
- Measures, cuts, and welds pieces together according to specifications, blueprints, or directions.
- Connects pieces or secures seams by riveting, rolling, soldering, or using steel screws.
- Uses appropriate machinery and software applications to complete assigned jobs.
- Coordinates required shutdowns and startups of equipment with other departments after sheet metal installation.
- Develops and maintains records for projects and repairs.
- Ability to complete sheet metal projects with accuracy and precision.
- Ability to safely use machinery and tools involved in sheet metal work.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics to understand product assignment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
U.S. citizenship required. Must meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
EOE including disabilities/vets
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org