Job Description: National Planning Activity (NPA), Execution Division, responsible for conducting ship checks onboard Navy Vessels of Work Notifications delivered to QED’s National Planning Activity Department in support of Planners Work Item development. The ship check will examine the affected equipment, system piping and ship’s structure to accurately estimate the amount of consumable materials that will be required. After ship check, checker will prepare reports that contain ship check data including sketches, photographs, lead code/follow code memo’s and reference drawings.
- Using applicable drawings and references, conduct ship checks onboard Navy vessels in direct support of the Planners to validate the Work Notification, determine the scope of repair, and provide the Planner with amplifying information to aid in Work Item development.
- Identify interferences and any other special circumstances that will impact the planning process and Work Item development.
- Document the ship checks with detailed information and photographs on the approved ship check forms in PDF format that can be used in the Work Item development and uploaded into NMD by the Planners.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, transit decks and perform work on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well with others as part of the of the ship check team.
- Extensive knowledge of Navy ship compartmentation and lay-out.
- Ability to read, understand and validate a Work Notification and to determine the scope of work contained within the Work Notification.
- Comprehensive writing and communication skills capable of both verbal and written findings and recommendations to the Third Party Planning Planners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe programs including word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Familiar with Standard Drawing Indexes, Navy Standard Drawings, blueprints, system diagrams, EOSS, CSOSS, Navy acronyms, and other technical publications and references.
- Extensive knowledge of Navy Structural, Mechanical, Piping and Electrical systems.
- Ability to conduct research and determine the correct reference and/or drawing required for the scope of work identified in the Work Notification.
- 10% overseas travel expected. Must be able to obtain a Passport, CAC and/or DBIDs pass.
- Qualified candidates must have 3-10 years’ experience developing production Planning documents and estimates for work executed on US Navy, Coast Guard, Army, or MSC.
- Must have a current and valid Driver’s License.
Education: Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED, trade or industrial school, or a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org