Number of Positions: Multiple Entry-Level, Mid- Level and Senior Level positions
Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for Software Engineers at varying levels of experience to provide software lifecycle support to fielded Navy Machinery Control Systems (MCS). Major responsibilities of the successful candidates will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer, both shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. Candidates should have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the DDG-51 Machinery Control System
- Design, develop, test, install, and maintain Machinery Control Systems software and supporting software products
- Work with Microsoft Visual Studio and version control (Git)
- Identify and document software and system related problems
- Resolve software problems through debugging, research, and investigation
- Provide distance and onsite support of software problems
- Prepare and maintain new and/or existing software requirements
- Write, review, and maintain technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Participate in special projects as required
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 0-7 years experience in Electrical or Computer Engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- At least Two (2) years of professional experience in software development in engineering and/or control system using C++
- Experience in software development using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop, compile, and debug source code in C++/CLI, Managed C++, and/or C#
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and installing software and supporting software products
- Experience writing, reviewing, and maintaining technical documentation such as but not limited to new or existing software requirements, user manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Basic knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting networked, IP-based systems both onsite and via distance support
- Experience with databases (MS Access, SQL)
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10% of the time. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: William Simunek; email@example.com.