Q.E.D. Systems, Inc., an established marine industrial and engineering services company, has an immediate opening for a Technical Proposal Writer in our Virginia Beach office.
Candidate will be part of a small team of technical writers to develop responses to Government solicitations. Interfaces regularly with subject matter experts, managers and directors to obtain information, develop resumes, develop/review technical input, and organize information into a coherent and dynamic response. Responsible to meet project deadlines for assigned projects.
Job Requirements/Skill Sets:
- Three or more years of technical writing experience is required. Experience in the marine repair or engineering industry is desired. Two years of equivalent experience will be granted to personnel with recent Navy service.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and have the ability to interview subject matter experts to obtain technical information for proposal and resume development.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in Visio and/or Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Must be highly motivated and able to organize and prioritize work assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Candidate must be able to pass a drug screening test as part of the hiring process.
Bachelor’s Degree in English or other liberal arts major from an accredited college or university is desired.
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain a Confidential Government security clearance.
Travel: Periodic local travel only.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact Information: Submit resume for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.