Job Description: Q.E.D. Systems, Inc., an established marine industrial and engineering services company, has an immediate opening for a Technical Proposal Writer in their Virginia Beach office.
Candidate will be part of a small team of technical writers to develop responses to Government solicitations. Interfaces regularly with subject matter experts, managers and directors to obtain information, develop resumes, develop/review technical input, and organize information into a coherent and dynamic response. Responsible to meet project deadlines for assigned projects.
Job Requirements/Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or other liberal arts major from an accredited college or university is desired or a high school degree with four or more years of technical writing experience. Experience in proposal and/or resume writing is desired.
- Technical writing experience in the marine repair or engineering industry is desired.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and have the ability to interview subject matter experts to obtain technical information for proposal and resume development.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in Visio and/or Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Must be highly motivated and able to organize and prioritize work assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English or other liberal arts major from an accredited college or university is desired.
Security Clearance: Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain a Confidential Government security clearance.
Drug testing and criminal/personal background checks required before hiring.
Travel: Periodic local travel.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact Information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org