Job Description: The Warehouse Specialist reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for tracking Government-Furnished Property and Contractor-Furnished Property as the material arrives at and departs from the QED Warehouse.
- Conduct material receipt inspections to verify shipments against packing slips as shipments arrive at the warehouse
- Attach tracking labels to equipment and other material as the material arrives at the warehouse
- Kit material per task requirements
- Perform data entry to record the arrival, disbursement, and location of material
- Collaborate with Production Manager and Project Supervisors to pre-position equipment and other material for shipment out of the warehouse
- Operate a company forklift
- Maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse
Job Requirements / Skill Sets: The candidate must be a U.S. citizen, have a High School Diploma or equivalent, possess a valid Driver License, have reliable transportation, be able to climb vertical/inclined ladders to access work areas aboard US Navy ships, be physically able to work aboard ship under varying environmental conditions (heat & humidity), and comply with OSHA safety regulations.
The candidate must have at least two years of experience (combined) in the ship repair industry, in ISO 9001 compliance, on US Navy active duty, or in the Merchant Marine. Familiarity with MS Office programs, data entry, and inventory control.
All applicants must provide a resume, pass a drug screening test, pass a pre-hire background check, be eligible for a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) credential, and be eligible for a Government Security Clearance.
Job Contact information:
Submit resume to Leslie Burton firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-802-0020, fax 619-802-0022
EOE, including disability/vets