Job Description: Warehouse specialist to support COMNAVAIRLANT staging facility in Norfolk, Virginia, Building V88 for SFWP/HAB/EQOL material
- Perform warehouse duties in support of procurement of Long Lead Time Material (LLTM) required for CNO availabilities, including receipt, inventory control, and issue of material as authorized by COMNAVAIRLANT N434H. The work of this position involves comparing markings and quantities of incoming items with those shown on receiving reports; placing, arranging, rotating, marking and tagging items on pallets, and in bin, bulk or other storage locations; assembling items for issue and shipment according to clear instructions. Receive oral and written instructions that advise which incoming shipments to check; how to compare quantities and types of items against receiving reports; the locations where items are to be placed and the procedures to follow in stocking, palletizing, rotating, marking and tagging them, and how to assemble items for shipment and issue. Assignments are repetitive in nature, carried out under general supervision.
- Perform manual stocking, palletizing, arranging and rotation of items according to height, width and weight instructions provided by a supervisor and in consideration of the names, stock or part numbers, letter and number codes, code dates, shelf life and age of items. In addition to moving stock by hand, may be required to use hand trucks, dollies and other similar manual equipment to move stock. May also use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools when opening containers, breaking wire banding and performing similar tasks.
- Perform counting and checking operations related to incoming and outgoing shipments and inventories of stock on hand. Reports types and quantities of items to the Senior Warehouse Specialist. May be required to make entries onto such warehousing documents as issue request forms, shipping tags, and labels. Such entries may provide information as to a shortage of the number of items requested, or the number of containers belonging to the same issue going number to the of items same destination.
- Job Requirements/skill sets: (1) Must be a US citizen. (2) Excellent oral and written communication skills. (3) Self-starter with minimum supervision. (4) Able to lift fifty (50) to seventy (70) pounds. (5) Must have valid driver’s license. (6) Fork lift certified or train to become certified. (7) Able to obtain contractor access to various naval ships and facilities.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Contact information: email@example.com, Phone: 757-490-5156, Fax: 757-222-9326
- EOE, including disability/vets
This Job is Filled