Job Description: The candidate will possess experience in maritime trade or military welding instruction. The candidate will assist the Training Facility Management, Instructors, student, and staff.
- Perform as an Instructor for maritime rigging and weight handling
- Perform as rigging Subject Matter Expert
- Instruct students in use and maintenance of all rigging and weight handling equipment and PPE.
- Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
examinations in mock-ups
- Conduct Knowledge and Skills Assessments of shipyard trades
- Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
Job Requirements/Skill Sets:
- Minimum of 5 years advanced technical experience in marine systems and the maintenance/repair of Naval surface ships and/or submarines systems
- Must have 2 years’ experience in conducting classroom, hands-on training, and adult learning theory
- Experience with curriculum development desired
- Military “Master Training Specialist” designation highly desired
- Experience in online content management system and advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite® (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter with the capability to perform at a fast-paced, high-level
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hiring
Security Clearance: Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and will currently possess or be able to obtain a government security clearance. A current or recent SECRET Security Clearance is a plus, and prior to hire all applicants must submit Security Form SF-86 (which will be provided). All applicants must be eligible for RAPIDGate credential, pass a drug screening and background check.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.