Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for an Engineering Manager. This manager will be responsible for managing Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks for United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include managing and updating the engineering technical data that defines a class of in-service ships, overseeing a design planning floor, monitoring and coordinating personnel performance, project costs, and schedule performance on assigned tasks. Engineering Manager will be responsible for communicating frequently with customers and subcontractors on work performance and future work requirements.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of experience in ship engineering, design, ship advance planning, and ship modernization.
- At least five (5) years in a senior technical position for Naval ship design, modernization and/or Navy Planning Yard requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of Navy Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and Navy Ship Planning organizations is desired.
- Experience should include shipyard construction and overhaul practices and standards, principles of the shipbuilding, the design of ship propulsion systems, electrical power generation and auxiliaries related to U.S. Navy ships.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from a four year accredited university or college is required. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred but not required.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.