QED Systems Inc., an experienced marine engineering, planning, and ship modernization firm, is seeking a skilled CNC/Press Break Operator at our Norfolk, VA location.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as bending, breaking, sheering etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, work orders, schematics etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw material and parts onto the machines.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Proven experience as CNC operator.
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Good communication abilities.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be able to meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and/or be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
EOE, including disability/vets