Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for Electrical Engineers to provide HM&E system support services such as: develop/change maintenance sketches, redline electrical drawings for Ship Change design or installation, and/or develop electrical testing or maintenance procedures in accordance with Navy standards.
Job Requirements: Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems. Duties include:
- Have experience with PLC control systems, development, testing or operation
- Have the ability to draft, read and interpret ship and system drawings for HM&E Systems, Electronics Systems or Combat Systems.
- Develop electrical circuits and generate schematic, wiring and connection drawings using AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MATLAB, Microsoft® Office programs (WORD, EXCEL, etc,) required.
- Perform electrical lab support/troubleshooting as well as on-site shipboard support
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 1-5 years of experience in electrical engineering or computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
Job Skill Sets:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with electrical or computer engineering in relation to control systems
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with electrical/computer engineering
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with electrical/computer system troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10% of the time.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Timothy Llull, email@example.com .