Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for an Engineering Technician/Technical Writer to develop/change Technical Manuals and Preventive Maintenance procedures.
Job Duties: The candidate will be responsible for creating and publishing technical documentation and manuals for the organization. The candidate will collect and interpret technical data or information and coordinate a layout for publication. The candidate will also be responsible for producing high quality documentation, such as articles and guides, to explain technical concepts in a way that is informative and easy to understand.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting standard Navy drawings.
- Understand the standard format of Navy Technical Manuals including the implementation of changes as a result of Ship Alterations, or responses to Technical Manual Deficiency Evaluation Reports (TMDER).
- Proficient use of Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, etc.).
- Competent technical writing skills, to include grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Competent typing and keyboarding skills.
- Strong organizational skills, computer file management, and attention to detail.
Highly Desirable requirements:
- Strong, detailed understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronic Systems, and Piping Systems (Personnel with at least 10 yrs of Naval service in an HM&E shipboard environment would fulfill this requirement).
- Have a basic understanding of the Navy stock system to include National Stock Numbers (NSNs) and how they are applied and cross referenced in Allowance Parts Lists (APLs).
- Able to traverse shipboard environment, and wear any required PPE.
- Familiarity with the following Government websites: CDMD-OA, NDE, TDMIS, NSEDR, and MBPS.
- Familiarity with Navy PMS and NPE.
Education Requirements: Minimum of H.S. Diploma or GED
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Kisha White, email@example.com (267)514-1676.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets.