Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time positions available for an Engineering Project Manager to provide HM&E system support services such as: develop/change maintenance sketches, redline electrical drawings for Ship Change design or installation, and/or develop testing or maintenance procedures in accordance with Navy standards
- Ability to lead a team of 5 or more members through a technical project
- Implement organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Implement team skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, functions, project sponsors and customers, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Ensure team members understand the requirements of their work, and are equipped with tools and training required for successful performance and effective decision making
- Effectively manage workloads to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate to individual skill sets and levels
- Liaison and collaborate with other team leaders to ensure that systems are interoperable, and maximizing common goals
- Develop, update, and manage delivery and project schedules, flow charts, risk matrices, and presentations with inputs from the technical teams
- Analyze current and future workload requirements to determine proper manning resources and communicate manning requirements with technical leads and program managers
- Work with technical team to understand and properly implement existing processes
- Facilitate internal team development and process improvement efforts
- Produce routine progress reports or presentations
- Provide management and tracking of system trouble and improvement reports
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of various configuration management work products
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical engineering or Computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management or supervisory level or leading a team of 5 or more members
- Previous military experience and/or experience with NSWC or Government contracting is preferred
Security Clearance: Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance. Drug screening is required before hiring.
Additional Information: This position requires the candidate to travel up to 10% of the time. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Timothy Llull, email@example.com .